To use S-Drive, you need to have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account with an Amazon Simple Storage (S3) subscription.
If you already have an S3 account, please skip this tutorial and follow instructions in Generating Amazon Access and Secret Keys tutorial.
You can follow below instructions to create an AWS account and subscribe to S3 service to use with S-Drive.
- Go to https://aws.amazon.com and click Create a Free Account button.
- You can sign in with your existing Amazon.com account or create a new account in the next screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to create/login with an Amazon account.
- In the next screen, your Contact Information will be asked. Provide the information and click Create Account and Continue button.
- Provide your Payment Information for the AWS. Click Continue button.
- Provide on-screen instructions and select appropriate options for Identity Verification, Support Plan and Confirmation screens and finalize the AWS subscription.
- You’ll get a Welcome to Amazon Web Services email from Amazon Web Services.
- Now, go to https://aws.amazon.com/console and click Sign in to AWS Console button and sign in with your Amazon credentials in the next screen.
- Click S3 Scalable Storage in the Cloud from the Compute section.
- Click Sign Up For Amazon S3 button and wait a few minutes until your S3 subscription is processed.
- Go back to S3 Scalable Storage in the Cloud from the Compute section in AWS console and make sure you see Welcome to Amazon Simple Storage Service message.
- Now, you have your AWS account created and S3 service subscribed. Please continue with the Generating Amazon Access and Secret Keys tutorial.