Do you have any questions about upgrading? Open A Ticket
Follow these instructions to upgrade S-Drive from any previous version to our latest version:
Install the latest version of S-Drive
- Go to https://sdriveapp.com
- Click Try it Now, which will take you to the S-Drive page in the AppExchange
- Click Get It Now button
- Select Log in to the AppExchange option.
- Provide your login credentials and click Log in to Salesforce button.
- Select Install in production or Install in sandbox based on your organization needs.
- Review What You Are Installing and Where You Are Installing sections, check I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and click Confirm and Install! button.
- Login to the installation org (production or sandbox) by providing your login credentials and click Log in to Salesforce button.
- Select Install for All Users option and click Upgrade button.
- Wait while S-Drive is being upgraded and make sure you see “Upgrade Complete!” message. Click Done.
If you have custom objects from your previous S-Drive version, there may be new fields that must be added to your CustomFile Object. Go to each of your custom file objects and check that all the fields are there. (The older your pre-upgrade version is, the more fields you may need to add.) If any are missing, add them manually as described in the table below. (You can ignore these steps for CaseFiles, AccountFiles, ContactFiles, OpportunityFiles and S3Object):
- Go to Setup and navigate to your custom file object’s fields and relationships. For example, if your custom object name is Student, then there will be another object named Student_File. This is the one you want to check.
- If any of the following fields are missing, create them manually.
Note: In each step you should check Visible checkbox for all Field-Level Security for Profile fields.
|Field Label||Field Name||Data Type||Value|
|Checked Out By||Checked_Out_By__c||Text(255)|
|Description||Description__c||Long Text Area(32000)|
|File Size||File_Size__c||Formula (Text)||IF(!(ISBLANK(Shortcut__c )), RIGHT(Shortcut__c, (LEN(Shortcut__c) - FIND(':', Shortcut__c))),
IF(File_Size_in_Bytes__c > 1024,
IF(File_Size_in_Bytes__c > 1048576,
IF(File_Size_in_Bytes__c > 1073741824,
TEXT(ROUND((File_Size_in_Bytes__c /1073741824),2)) & " GB",
TEXT(ROUND((File_Size_in_Bytes__c /1048576),2)) & " MB"),
TEXT(ROUND((File_Size_in_Bytes__c /1024),2)) & " KB"),
TEXT(File_Size_in_Bytes__c) & " bytes"))
|File Size in Bytes||File_Size_in_Bytes__c||Number(18, 0)|
|Is Latest Version||Is_Latest_Version__c||Checkbox||Default value=checked|
|Is Parent Deleted||Is_Parent_Deleted__c||Checkbox|
|Lock State||Lock_State__c||Picklist (Multi-Select)||Picklist values: checkedOut, legalHold|
|Page Count||Page_Count__c||Number(18, 0)|
|Parent Folder Id||Parent_Folder_Id__c||Text(255)|
|Preview Version Id||Preview_Version_Id__c||Text(255)|
|Tags||Tags__c||Long Text Area(4096)|
|Thumbnail Version Id||Thumbnail_Version_Id__c||Text(255)|
Now you’re ready to create folders, upload files and so much more using the latest version of S-Drive!