To activate S-Drive, you need to have your Amazon Access Key and Amazon Secret Key information.
To generate your keys, you need to have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account with an Amazon Simple Storage (S3) subscription.
If you did not create AWS and S3 accounts and access/secret keys yet, follow the instructions in Sign Up for Amazon Services: AWS and S3, first. Then, follow instructions in Generating Amazon Access and Secret Keys tutorial.
Make sure you have your Amazon Acces Key and Amazon Secret Key information is ready.
You can follow below instructions to activate S-Drive.
- Go to https://login.salesforce.com and login to your Salesforce account.
- Open S-Drive tab and make sure Step 1: Configure Remote Sites is completed successfully: You should see “Your remote site settings are configured correctly” message.
- Type your Access Key and Secret Key values under Step 2: Configure Amazon S3 Credentials section and click Configure Amazon S3 Crendentials button.
- If you type your keys correctly, you’ll see “Amazon S3 Credentials configured correctly” message.
- Now you need to configure a bucket for for your S-Drive files under Step 3: Configure Amazon S3 Bucket Name section. If you own a bucket name that you previously created and want to use with S-Drive, select Use my bucket option and select one of your buckets from the list. If you want to use a brand new bucket with S-Drive, select Create a new bucket option and type your bucket name next to the Bucket Name text. Make sure to provide a legit bucket name and click Configure Amazon S3 Bucket Name button.
- If bucket is successfully created you’ll see “Amazon S3 Bucket Name is configured correctly” message.
- Final step is Step 4: S-Drive Authorization. Go to https://portal.sdriveapp.com and to start the S-Drive authorization process.
- Click Register for Free link in the login screen. Provide your Name, Email, Email Confirmation (retype your email adress), Password, Password Confirmation (retype your password), Company Name and Phone Number information. Check Notify me on Service Updates and I agree to Terms of Service checkboxes. Click Register button to complete the registration.
- An email will be sent to your email address for S-Drive account verification. Go to your email inbox and activate your account by clicking the link inside the email with subject S-Drive Account Activation from S-Drive Support. Once you click the link it will display Your S-Drive account is successfully activated message.
- Now click Login link. Provide your email and password; click Login to S-Drive button. Your account summary will be displayed once you log in. You’ll see “Please activate your payment method to enable automatic payments. Use Payments Method tab” and “Please activate your organization. Use Connected Organizations tab” messages.
- Now go to Connected Organizations tab. Select Production Instance or Sandbox Instance based on your organization’s type. Login with your Salesforce.com credentials and click Allow buton. You’ll see “OAuth authorization is successful” message and list of connected Salesforce.com organizations to this account. You can add, delete, reconnect more organizations using this screen.
- Go to Payment Method tab. Click Login with Amazon button. Provide your Amazon credentials and click Sign in using our secure server button. Click Okay button. If you don’t have a payment method, add a new payment method using on-screen instructions and select one of the payments methods that will be used with S-Drive. Click Approve button once you select the payment method. Your billing details will be displayed under Payment Method tab.
- Go back to your Salesforce.com account and open/refresh S-Drive tab. You’ll be able to see S-Drive screen instead of S-Drive Activation screen.
- You can start using S-Drive to create folders, upload, email files etc.